Sometimes A Weblink Is Worthing Keeping
These are mostly "YouTube" Video Links
- Homeless Vet is caught up in a Social Experiment that turns out Amazing. This homeless Veteran really changed many's view on things, and restored faith in Humanity.
- Soldiers are placing nearly a quarter of a million U.S. flags at Arlington National Cemetery as part of a Memorial Day tradition. The event Thursday is known as "flags in" and marks the beginning of Memorial Day activities at the cemetery.
- Just a common soldier. Published on May 25, 2015 Inspired by A. Lawrence Vaincourt's poem, "Just a Common Soldier (A Soldier Died Today)" A Memorial Day tribute to the brave men and women of the Armed Forces.
- This is a very good dedication to all our nations Veterans. I wasn't going to post this link until I sat through it. I hope you enjoy the music as much as I did!
- Kate Smith introduces "God Bless America". There was a longer story that was sent with this link. Here is my shortened version. This song was written in 1917 by Irving Berlin. He never released it. In 1940 Miss Kate Smith asked him for just such a song. She worked on it with her stage orchestra, and this is it original release. Since its release all the profits earned by this song have been donated to the Boy Scouts of America. Enjoy!!!
- Challenger is the first Bald Eagle in U.S. History that learned to free-fly into Stadiums, arenas and ballrooms during the singing of the Star Spangled Banner. The celebrity eagle has appeared at numerous major sporting events like the World Series, Pro-Bowl, All-Star game, BCS National Championship, Fiesta Bowl, Men's Final Four, etc. This eagle named Challenger has also flown before 4 U.S. Presidents! His life story is told in a children's storybook.
- Civilian Fly Overs - As you know cuts have eliminated the military flyovers at large events. Well, there's a group of guys in Kansas City who do some formation flying, in their own planes, and decided they'd volunteer to pick up the slack. They invited a couple of other groups to join them and before they knew it they had 48 guys with their own airplanes signing up to join in. If they had more time, they probably would have gotten an even larger group as people kept joining and a 49th was added near the event. One additional feature of the flyover was the use of pink smoke for cancer awareness. The folks from the Guinness Book were there and are expected to confirm it as the largest formation flight ever. And to top it off the crowd later set the record for the loudest gathering at a football stadium. Be sure your speakers are turned up... Best if watch at 'full screen."
- "Angel Flight"---There are a couple videos on YouTube very similar to this one. This is my favorite. "Angle Flight 0=2 Brovo You're Ready For Take Off"..."Come on brother I'm taking you home".
- American Soldier "American Soldier" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Toby Keith. It was released in November 2003 as the second single from his album Shock'n Y'all. It became a number one hit on the Billboard U.S. Hot Country Songs chart, keeping the top spot for four weeks. Keith wrote the song with Chuck Cannon.
- A moving, patriotic tribute to our military, past and present. Thank you for your service! This video was produced by "The Sound Tank".
- Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance This is an old video. The content is being challenged by school boards around the country.
- The Best Changing of the Guard, The Changing takes place at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, in Arlington Va.
- "Old Doc" - A B-29 bomber rescued from the boneyard, and the World War II veterans and volunteers, in Wichita Kansas, who helped launch it back into the skies. Every man who is enthusiastic about WW 2 planes is very happy about this. I'm one of them. Nice work guys! These planes represent Living history - nothing beats that!
Use this link to skipt to Page 4