American Legion Post 189
820 SE Vista Drive
Lee's Summit, Mo 64063
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Click on above logo WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
To View our Posts Constitution and By-Laws click here.
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to our Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on the menu item "APPLICATION" .
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. COPY OF DD214 DISCHARGE (Click this link to request a copy of your DD214 Discharge )
3. Membership Dues Payment. Dues. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to "American Legion Post 189". DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Members wishing to Transfer to our Post:
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post please submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form. (We can help)
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment information:
a. If you're transfering, and have not paid the current years dues, we will collect your membership dues.
b. If you're a new member, we will collect your dues to complete the joining requirements.
7. Membership Elegibility
If you have served at least one day of active military duty in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving - you are eligible for membership in The American Legion!
*Because eligibility dates remain open, all active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
**U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).
Yes, this change opens membership to all Veterans since WWII!
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop by the Post.
If your looking for information on 189's Legion Riders Membership, follow this link.